Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

Keeping it simple

So what started off as a beautiful, sunny morning here in Ayrshire by afternoon had become a bit of a disappointment in the form of rain. I started work at 6am (who said working in a bakery was glamourous?) having seen the sun, I intented to make something light and meringue based tonight but when I left with an umbrella later on, cookies seemed like a far more suitable treat. And while I love to invent different cookie combinations as much as the next person, for me the classic chocolate chip cookie always hits the spot.


Fighting the urge to eat the cookie dough is something I'm still working on!

I made these cookies not too long ago but put them in our oven for fifteen minutes forgetting that it has a fan so they turned out crispy rather than chewy; which is my preferred cookie texture. This time I was a wee bit smarter and put them in for twelve minutes and the results were vastly improved.



The most obvious choice to pair these cookies is with is of course milk or a hot drink but if the weather does decide to perk up, a lemonade or maybe even an ice cold gin and tonic...?

170g plain flour
80g caster sugar
90g demerara sugar
140g salted butter
2 eggs
3/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/4 tsp vanilla
As much chocolate as you wish!

Preheat oven to 180c.

Beat butter and sugars together, then add the eggs until well mixed in. Next, add in the sifted flour and bicarbonate of soda, vanilla and chocolate chips and mix to form the dough. Roll into 2-3 inch round balls and place on two trays. Bake for 12-15 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment